|Fifteen Minutes of Fame written for Zentripetal|
|The one-minute violin and cello duets are to be inspired by and written specifically for this project to be performed by the duo Zentripetal featuring Lynn Bechtold on violin and Jen DeVore on cello. Zentripedal is up for adventurous works which included extended techniques, doubling on percussion instruments, etc. |
• Works need to be submitted via email to email@example.com by February 10, 2011.
• Email submissions should include the 50-word bio and 50-word program notes as text in an email.
• The picture should be an attached jpg file, and the score should be an attached PDF.
• No works over a minute will be reviewed.
• The results will be announced by February 28 on the Vox Novus website, and composers of 15 accepted works will be notified by email.
Zentripetal has performed recitals and programs at Galapagos in DUMBO, the Goethe Institut NYC, the Roerich Museum, the Players Theatre, and the Renee Weiler Concert Hall at Greenwich House. Zentripetal will be performing debuting new works and performing pieces from their upcoming cd due to be released in the early fall.
Violinist Lynn Bechtold has appeared in recital throughout the U.S., Canada, Holland, and Switzerland. An advocate of contemporary music, she has worked with composers such as Gloria Coates, George Crumb, John Harbison, and Morton Subotnick, and has premiered works on the Princeton Composers' Series and Composers Concordance. In 2001, she gave the premiere of "Violynn," a work for violin and electronics written for her by Alvin Lucier.
Cellist Jennifer DeVore has appeared at Lincoln Center, Merkin Hall, Zankel Hall and Weill Hall and at the Musicorda, Yellow Barn and Spoleto festivals. Groups she has played with include the Brooklyn Philharmonic Orchestra, Ensemble Pi, the Jose Limon Dance Company, and the Metamorphosen Chamber Orchestra.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Composers out there, check this out: